Friday 2 October 2009

It's all a bit scary...........

Before I begin waffling on about myself and what I have been up to I want to say a HHUUUGGGEEE congratulations to Team GB at the Europeans but my major well dones are saved for Piggy French and Some Day Soon (Edward) who got Individual Silver. Edward is owned by a very good friend of mine and I have followed his progress from the beginning when he was first being ridden at Nick Turners yard by Lucy Kempley. Lucy and Nick have done a fantastic job on a highly talented but highly quirky horse and I just adored being able to shout at the telly cheering on a horse I actually knew. Well done to everybody involved from the owners to the grooms, you deserve it all.




So apart from wanting to pin a poster of Edward to Will's stable wall to give him some inspiration, we have been busy working on lots of pole work and lunge jumping.


I tried the double bridle out but it didn't all go to plan, the bridle was a bit big and just didn't sit right making the bits not seem in the correct place in his mouth. It certainly wasn't atrocious so I gave it a go but even though Will didn't do anything wrong, he didn't feel right so 15Min's in, I got off and popped his pelham on. He immediately felt a lot more relaxed so I am not saying the Double isn't right for him but I think that bridle was wrong for him, sensitive sole he is.


I used the Pelham to do all of his pole work and it has been fine so far so I think I shall leave it at that for now. As Will hasn't jumped for so long I decided the best thing for both of us was to lunge jump a few times at first, he is a lot calmer on the lunge without me trying to interfere(!) and it will give his muscles a chance to get used to it again. He was good as gold and looks to be thouroughly enjoying himself. I have done all the pole work and Wednesday saw me attempting to try canter poles. This has never been our best exercise but it has to be done (I decided that) and I was pleasantly surprised. Very good and only a couple of blips which I can live with.


Sunday see's me going out to a competition with a friend of mine. I am just taking Will for the ride out really and not planning to compete. The aim is to just ride him around in a show atmosphere again, keeping him chilled, no stress ready for a few weeks time when we get out to a proper competition. However, I know what i'm like so i'm taking my clothes with me just incase he is going very nicely and I decide just to go for it. You never know!!!!!




Work is hectic! All these rugs you keep buying :):):) We have just had a fresh delivery of stock in and it is flying out the door. Absolutely fantastic. I should also have my new range of rugs in at the end of this month, this is exciting but very scary. I have so much work to do for this but I am very proud of them and I haven't had a negative comment as yet from the people who have been testing them for me. I am sure you will all support me on this long road and I welcome ALL feedback on these. Not long to go *chews nails nervously* but hang on in there.........

No comments:

Post a Comment