Wednesday 14 October 2009

And we are off...............



Well, I never did make it to the competition on Sunday, I am beg, stealing and borrowing lifts at the moment, due to no transport and my lift didn't happen. Not to worry, I am off to Patchetts on Saturday and it has given me more time to put some work into the jumping.



I have worked on the ground poles, I have also done a tiny little cross pole (but it felt great), so we have now progressed onto grid work. I set out a bounce grid running down the long side of the arena. Pole, Cross, Pole, Cross, Pole, Cross. This really made William come back to me and think about what he was doing. I kept it simple, trot in, bounce through and canter away, trot, halt. Very impressive for Will. Took it all in his stride, nice and relaxed and felt smashing. The best I have jumped him in years actually.



The thing with Will is that I don't need to worry about the height of the fences, I know, he knows he can do it, he is more than capable so our aim at home, is keeping it small and simple but above all controlled and relaxed and do the fun stuff at the competitions. So far so good.



Saturday, I made the most of the daylight and the sunshine and went for a lovely hack on my own for a good hour and a half. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was nice to spend some time not on a time limit and rushing around to get home etc. Yesterday we went in the field for a school around..........we will just brush that one aside......less said about that the better I think........our leg yielding is fantastic though! :)



Desperately trying to find time to get another clip in as this first clip really hasn't lasted that long and he gets terribly hot, the trouble is, I have a few clips booked in for other people for the next few weekends so I can see me trying to battle it out in artificial light at 8pm in the evening. I'll let you know how it looks the next morning!! Oh, I do loathe the winter nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment