Friday 21 August 2009

Scream if you want to go faster



So for the last couple of weeks, William and I have been concentrating on our flatwork, all be it, at times, at breakneck speed.


I am very lucky and Will has naturally very nice paces but producing the good work and not tipping him over the edge is proving to be hard.


I am getting some fantastic work out of him, and I am really pleased he is feeling so well but I am at the stage where one minute we are floating across the arena to the next flying sideways, forwards, backwards and any which way across the other side of the arena. I havent quite worked out where that line is...you know, the fine line between lovely and crazy.


On Tuesday of this week, myself and another girl off the yard, decided to hire a lovely arena 10 minutes away to give the horses some schooling at a different enviroment ready for when William gets out and about. He worked so nicely in places, I had strangers saying how lovely he was but the conversation went a bit like this...


"oh, he is lovely isn't he, he looks so well"


Forward 5 minutes to ....


"oh, are you ok over there?"


My achy arms and jelly legs are getting quite a work out at the moment, but we will get there, it will just take a bit of time and hard work I think. Just wish me luck for when the poles come out!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment