Thursday 23 July 2009

I went all la de da at the weekend.....






For the first time in my life, I went to watch Polo. Now I dont know about the rest of you but I have been into horses pretty much from day dot, but I have never had an interest in Polo (apart from the Argentinian polo groom that rides past the yard now and again) I havent even seen bits on the telly so it was a new experience for me.



We were invited to go to the VEUVE CLICQUOT GOLD CUP FINAL at Cowdray Park in West Sussex by our courier friends GFS who look after all our dispatch between ourselves and DHL.



There was myself,who works in the equestrian marketing section and also deals with Amazon, Alison, who is our ebay guru and deals with all our UK and Europe sites and is a bit 'horsey' herself and Andrew, our director/spiritual guide (as he likes to call himself), who has no interest in anything remotely equestrian, apart from how many rugs I am selling, but wanted to taste the free champagne, and very nice it was too!



We arrived at the venue to a few glasses of Veuve Clicquot Champagne followed by a delicious three course meal followed by more champagne, then a drive down to the pitch in the golf clubs 4x4's.



I know there were a few famous faces there, Prince Harry, Jennifer Aniston to name but a few but the only one I spotted was Jenny Faulkner of GMTV fame (didnt she do some celebrity show jumping?)........hmmmmm, oh well.



I had an absolutely fantastic time, and to anyone who hasnt been to watch polo before, you have to try it. I cant believe how fast and furious the game is, and all of the Polo Ponies looked amazing and knew their job inside out. None of this hauling around which is what I fully expected and if you just go and drive down to watch, I think it is only around £10 to get in so I dont think thats to bad at all. The link to Cowdray Park is http://www.cowdraypolo.co.uk/index.asp






Few things to remember -



1) Wear a jacket - it was bloomin freezing and I had goose bumps on goose bumps



2) Dont wear hot pink stilettos to push the divets in on the pitch aka -Pretty Woman - you end up sinking in the grass and walking back across the pitch bare footed and 5" shorter.



3)Know where the toilets are, Verve Clicquot champagne goes straight through you in the cold



4) Do not try and find something nice and appropriate to wear the day before you go, you get very stressed and try on far to many dresses that are not suitable and end up buying the first one you tried on.






But do try it and have fun x

No comments:

Post a Comment